Saturday, October 9, 2010

IT'S BOOK TIME!!!!!!!!!!!

I woke up at five thirty this morning and waited til six ten exactly but Andi didn't wake up to do the read-a-thon so I decided to go back to bed.She ended up waking me up sooner or later and we started reading.
This time with the read-a-thon, I am really excited because i have my own blog to review on and it is going to be awesome.
I am reading The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks first since i had already started it.
That is not all I am reading though, duhh. I have a whole stack of books right in front of me. RocketBoy might even jump in with us this time.



WORD OF THE DAY: TODDLE
(I thought it was a cute and funny word.)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

(Non)traditional Buddhist readathon blessing:

Just as the books fill the shelves,
Pile together on the floor and stack up on the table
So may the joy of the readathon
Flow forth to brighten your day and lift your spirit.
Books already read, books in progress and books yet to be read.

By the power of every word on the page
May your book be delightful,
As scary as Lovecraft’s Cthulhu
Or as sweet as a box of See’s candy.

Let the power of the images evoked by words
Keep you stay awake long through the night
May no obstacle impede
Your day filled with books.

For all of those who are reading today
Who follow in the path of Dewey
May your day be filled with the four blessings
Of fabulous books, tasty snacks, comfy chairs and joy.

Kate @Midnight Book Girl said...

Hope your reading is going well! Can't wait for your first update!

*this hearty cheer/praise/pick-me-up is brought to you in part from Team Metaphor and the letter R.

Anonymous said...

So I picked up a book on my own from the shelf and I started to read on my own to myself. And nonsense and knowledge come tumbling out, whispering mysteries, history’s shout, the wisdom of wizards, the songs od the ages, all the wonders of wandering wonderful pages. ~Karla Kuskin

tanabata said...

Toddle really is a fun word! I hope you're getting lots of reading done. Happy readathoning!

Florinda said...

I'm not so good at clever cheers - just keep on reading, and we'll be here (to keep you motivated - yeah!)

Happy Readathon - good luck and have fun!

Trisha said...

Yay for the readathon!

A fun little ditty:

There once was a girl from Leebrook
Whose nose was oft' buried in a book
Her hoarding got bad
Her neighbors got mad
So the townsfolk bought her a nook

Happy Reading!