Thursday, September 9, 2010

Hey :P

I'm back!!!! :P I am so sorry I have not posted anything lately. The reason is because I haven't been reading lately. Well actually that is a lie; I had to read two books for school. The first book i had to read is for Ap Human Geography.

The book is called "Three Cups of Tea." It wasn't boring but it was just slow. I actually admire what Greg Mortenson is trying to do, building schools for un-educated kids in Afghanistan.

The second book I had to read for English Pre-Ap is "Charlie St. Cloud." I had to pick the book and of course, I picked this book because of Zac Efron and because I saw the previews for the movie. I got it on my birthday and had mentioned it in a later blog, on my birthday. Within the first thirty pages I was in tears. If you haven't read it yet, you need to.

The latest book I read is "Big Nate Stikes Again" by Lincoln Pierce. I kind of started it on an accident. I started to read it to my baby brother because I was bored and it is an easy-read with pictures. I started reading it and ended up not wanting to put it down because it was so good. I am at page 119 and I started today. Ha!

Okay, I admit I should have been reading more but I got caught up writing this book I   
had started with my G-mama.

I look forward to Dewey's 24-Hour Read-a-Thon in October reading for twenty-four hours, and I am starting "Little Vampire Women." It's the first of four books I am going to read by October 31 for Carl's RIPV Challenge.Hope to accomplish them, and most of all I hope I can stay up the full twenty-four hours. :)

Thanks!!!

3 comments:

Debi said...

I'd say you've been doing just fine with your reading--especially considering that you probably have tons of homework AND you've been writing as well!

What other books are you reading for RIP?

Good luck with Dewey's Read-a-Thon! Such fun!!!

Rocketgirl said...

I am going to try to read
"Paranormalcy" by Keirston White.
'Lonely Werewolf Girl" by Martin Miller
It's between "The Summoning" by Kelley Armstrong and "Shimmer" by Dallas Reed.

Debi said...

Sheesh...I'm so pathetic--I haven't read any of those! But my daughter just read and LOVED Lonely Werewolf Girl. That's one I'd really like to get to someday, too.

Hope you enjoy them all!