Monday, August 2, 2010

BRUISER

Andi recieved BRUISER in the mail and I decided to read it.. Of course I would never give up the chance to read a diffrent book.

I read this book because it sounded awesome but not only that it also caught my attention on the first page.

In this book there are four main charachters, Brewster, Cody, Tennyson, and Bronte. Brewster is a teenage boy that starts out with no friends. He lives with his uncle and his little brother Cody. Brewster has a secret only his family knows about. Throughout the book Brewster takes in other peoples' pain.There is a tragic turning point when something happens to Brewster's and Cody's uncle.

Cody is only eight. Near the beggining Cody grieves over a dead pet bull, TriTip, with his brother. While Cody tries to help his brother in parts of the book, he ends up hurting him instead. (Not on purpose.)

Tennyson and Bronte are sisters; Bronte is Brewster'ss girlfriend and Tennyson is Brewster's friend. When they find out Brew's secret they label it the impossible.

After things happen Cody and Brew have to live in Tennyson's and Bronte's parents' house. They end up regreting it. They end up regreting it because they find that they have been using Brew without knowing it.

I love this book because there was a lot of emotion going through me at different times as I read it. The feelings were, of course, for the characters. While reading the book, before reading the next part, I was like "No don't do that!!". I think that is what authors like to hear. That their readers are getting into the book. This Neal Shusterman book is amazing. I need to read more of his books soon.

The only thing that I hate about it is that I had to finish it. Also that, I don't know where Cody and Brew end up living.

1 comment:

Eva said...

It sounds like Tennyson and Bronte's parents must be bookworms! :)

"The only thing that I hate about it is that I had to finish it."

I feel the same way about the best books.