Monday, August 2, 2010

To Kill a Mockingbird


Note: Spoilers included!

I read To Kill A Mockingbird, and I loved it. I didn't get into at first but when I read farther into it I was not able to put it down. I was caught by Andi, the person who recommended this book to me, making what-the-heck faces. I thought Jem and Scout were really funny together. I have to admit I cried twice. The first time is when Tom Robinson was shot while hopping the fence and was killed. The second time is when Jem and Scout got jumped at the end of the book.

I believe everybody has got an opinion and I believe that Tom Robinson was not guilty and it was not fair what they were doing to that poor man.

When Scout and Jem were jumped I cried because they hurt Jem and cold have killed Scout. I was overjoyed when I found out that Boo Radley was the one that saved them. I got to admit that I teared up a little there. I even had to put the book down to take it in!!

I do not like this book, I love it. I am still excited. I may even start using the word "yonder."
There is nothing I don't like... oh yes there is one thing. I didn't like how the teacher punished Scout for knowing how to read and write. That is where I was making the faces.

I was so excited I was even telling my dad about this book and he said that he might have to read it because it sounded so good.

It's time to take on the bookshelf with the exception of the few books Andi says "No Way" to.

8 comments:

Andi said...

Great job, my dear! I'm glad you decided to take a chance and read this one. I'm also proud of you for picking up The Shawl, by Cynthia Ozick. You're reading stuff I didn't read until graduate school!

Keep up the good work!

Eva said...

I cried at the scene w/ Boo saving Jem and Scount too. So you're not the only one!

It must be great fun to be able to raid Andi's shelves. ;)

Chrisbookarama said...

This was my favorite book in high school. I read it again a couple of years ago and loved it even more. I hope you'll read it again when you're older.

Becca said...

The part about Scout getting punished for reading made me REALLY mad!

This book is one of my all time favorites. I'm about to go searching for it to read again, in honor of it's 50th anniversary.

If you haven't seen the movie, you should watch that.

Great review :)

The Funky Bee said...

Great review RocketGirl! And good for you for reading a classic. They'll probably make you read this book in highschool, but you'll have already read it! It really is such a great book. Glad you enjoyed it. Keep up the great reviews.

Taminator said...

This is one of my all-time favorite books and you did an awesome job reviewing it! I totally agree with everything you said. Good job!

Nan said...

Great blog! I found you via Andi. I agree with all you wrote about TKAM, and wonder if you've seen the movie. Boo Radley's first appearance made me jump. :<)

Charles D'Aprix said...

My little ROCKETGIRL! Almost all grown up writing reviews for the books she loves so much. I started reading TKAM and I can only hope it catches my emotion the same way I saw it capture yours. Great Job! and I love you :) - Dad