Sunday, August 8, 2010

New Books!!!


It’s Monday! What Are You Reading This Week? is a weekly event to list the books finished last week, the books currently being read, and the books to be finish this week. It was created by J.Kaye’s Book Blog, but is now being hosted by Sheila from One Person’s Journey Through a World of Books.!

Books Completed Last Week: I didn't finish anything--just worked on my own stories.

Books Reading This Week: Gone, by Michael Grant

Books to Be Completed This Week: Gone and whatever else I can finish!

Yesterday we went to Andi's mom's house and I asked to look through some books she'd boxed up. I found a bunch that looked really good, so I brought them home. I started reading Gone, by Michael Grant, on my way back home.

I also got;
 Garden Spells, by Sarah Addison Allen
 Life IS SO GOOD, by George Dawson and Richard Glaubman
 Behind the Attic Wall, by Sylvia Cassedy
Autobiography of a Face, by Lucy Greely
Evil Genius and Genius Squad, by Catherine Jinks
Life of Pi, Yann Martel
Night, by Elie Wiesel
Remembering Raquel, by VivianVande Velde

I literally went through a box full of books and dug all these out. They all sound pretty good too.

If you guys like any of these books and have anything to say, comment. And if you want to suggest any books to me you could be my guest.

Gone is so far so good. I am only up to chapter two though. :P

6 comments:

chrisa511 said...

I've heard that Garden Spells is fantastic! I have it here but still haven't read it yet :( Night is an incredible book. Think you'll like that one. Enjoying your blog :)

Lea Kelley said...

I haven't read Gone yet, but several of my students have really liked it. Have a great week.

nat @book, line, and sinker said...

love your blog--it will be a big help for me in finding books my high school students will enjoy!

i'm always on the lookout for books to recommend to them, and if i tell them that another high school student suggested the books they might be more willing to try them!

keep up the great work!! :)

Jan von Harz said...

I really like Gone and can't wait to read Hunger. Hope you enjoy it. Have a great week.

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

I really want to read Gone and Garden Spells seems so interesting to me!

Debi said...

Okay, I'm totally embarrassed to admit that I haven't read a single one of those. :( But I know my daughter's read a few of them. I cannot wait until she gets up, so I can tell her about your blog! Which is awesome, btw.